Bills Khakis “Live Father’s Day Trivia Challenge” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Live Father’s Day Trivia Challenge ("Contest") begins at 6:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 21, 2015 and ends at 8:59:59 PM ET on June 21, 2015 (“Contest Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Contest.
We have created a contest specifically for individuals in the United States with the goal of selecting two winners every hour during the Contest Period based on answering trivia questions related to Bills Khakis or Father’s Day. Winners will be awarded with credit to BillsKhakis.com.
To enter this contest, an individual must answer at least one (1) trivia question correctly. Entries will be monitored on Twitter.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration. Officers and directors of Bills Khakis and its subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”), Liquid Interactive,their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Sponsor and Contest Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Contest Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER:
Via Twitter: A Twitter account, a computer, iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch or Android device (an “Eligible Device”), and Internet access is required for this method of entry. If you don’t already have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service (https://twitter.com/tos) in order to create your Twitter account. It is free to create an account. Your Twitter account must be public. To enter, during the Contest Period on June 21, @billskhakis will post one new trivia question each hour for fourteen (14) hours. To enter, tweet an answer to the question before the end of the respective hour using #billstrivia (hereinafter an “entry”). Limit of (1) one winning entry every four (4) hours during the Contest Period. Participants may enter every hour unless randomly selected as a winner in which they must wait four (4) hours before winning again.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Using the above referenced hashtag constitutes your consent to these Official Rules.
Failure to complete any step outlined in, or to follow any of, the Official Rules will result in disqualification of attempted entry. All entries along with the entrant’s Twitter account name may be publicly posted on the Contest Site during the Promotion Period, which will be at full discretion of Sponsor. For each image, video or content posted that meets the entry criteria set forth in these Official Rules, the entrant shall receive one (1) entry for the prize. There is a limit of one (1) entry every hour per period (defined as 6:00:00 a.m. ET to 8:59:59 p.m. ET) per person. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause. The entry will be deemed to have been directly submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account associated with the entry.
RETURNING PLAYERS: Participants may enter every hour unless randomly selected as a winner in which they must wait four (4) hours before winning again.
The Entry must NOT, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
- Contain material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement), without permission;
- Disparage Sponsor or its products or services, Sponsor’s competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which participant has a limited license to use for this Contest;
- Contain the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission;
- Contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous;
- Contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations; and/or
- Contain material in which the Released Parties do not wish to associate themselves with, in their sole discretion.
Judging Phase: The Sponsor will choose one winning entry per hour in a random, electronic drawing of eligible entries and one winning entry for the first correct response based on the timestamp given to each Tweet by Twitter.
2. CONTEST PRIZES, ODDS AND DRAWING: Thirty (30) potential Contest winners will be selected. There will be two winners selected each hour at the end of the hour. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. The drawings will occur on or about the following date: June 21, 2015.
- CONTEST PRIZES:
- 30 Prizes of equal value:
- One (1) $100 credit for billskhakis.com in the form of a promo/gift code. Promo/gift codes expire after twelve (12) months.
- ARV: $100
- Total ARV of ALL Contest Prizes: $3,000 USD
3. CONTEST WINNER NOTIFICATION:
Administrator will notify the potential Prize winner(s) via a tweet from Bills Khakis to the potential Prize winner. The Administrator will then direct message the winner(s) on Twitter with their Prize. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for a potential Prize winner fail for any reason, or if a potential Prize winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries, if any.
4. PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of three (3) prizes per person/per household. Entrants that are discovered during prize verification to have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit will be disqualified at the discretion of the administrator, or will be void. Contest entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Contest entries made by any means, which subvert the entry process, are void. All Contest entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to perform a detailed background check on the potential winner and guest and by entering the Contest, you hereby authorize Sponsor to perform the same in the event that you are selected as a potential winner. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
7. RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will any entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS CONTEST PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. DISCLAIMER: Contest Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Contest and award the prizes for the Contest from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above and (ii) in a random drawing if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Contest. Contest Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Contest to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Contest Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or in any other Contest-related materials. The Sponsor and Contest Parties may stop you from participating in this Contest if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in the CONTEST PRIZES, ODDS AND DRAWING section.
9. CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania located in Philadelphia County. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
11. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner.
WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 1, 2015 to: Bills Khakis “Live Father’s Day Trivia Challenge” Contest Winners List Request, c/o Interactive Liquid, LLC, 7540 Windsor Dr. Suite 100, Allentown, PA 18195
SPONSOR: Bills Khakis 531 Canal Street. Suite 201 Reading, PA 19602
ADMINISTRATOR: Interactive Liquid, LLC, 7540 Windsor Dr. Suite 100, Allentown, PA 18195